The Springfield Town Library is pleased to announce that we will be offering assistance with tax form preparation. In cooperation with the AARP (http://www.aarp.org/) we will have two trained volunteers to help with preparing federal and Vermont state personal income tax forms, as well as Vermont state property tax and renter rebate forms.
Assistance will be by appointment only. Currently two appointment dates have been set, Tuesday, March 4 (appointments from 3:15 to 7:00) and Thursday, March 6 (8:15 am to noon). To schedule an appointment, please call or stop in at the Springfield Town Library (885-3108). While additional dates will be announced, appointments are limited, so please call early.
When you come for your appointment, please bring the following (as applicable):
- Current year's tax forms and preparation booklet.
- Copy of last year's tax return.
- W-2 forms from each employer.
- Unemployment compensation statements.
- SSA-1099 form if you received Social Security.
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.) showing interest and dividends, and documentation showing purchase price of sold assets.
- 1099-R if you received a pension or annuity.
- 1099-misc for any miscellaneous income.
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid.
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID, Social Security number).
- All receipts and cancelled checks if itemizing deductions.
- Social Security cards or other official documentation for you, your spouse and any dependents.
- Property tax bill.
- Landlord Certificate.
- Any other relevant documents.